>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Success of Direct Supervision

Subscribe to Success of Direct Supervision 13 posts, 9 voices

Login to reply

Female user Chalchiuhticue 3 posts

I loved reading this post of yours
animeyt

Male user Williamvriley 2 posts

By portraying a situation in which you toiled without coordinate supervision? No joking, there is no form reply, experience your work delight in and give you an occurrence. You comprehend your canvases life story. [url=https://www.essaystigers.co.uk]Essay Writers[/url]

Female user leonaegonzales 1 post

Adult detention systems initially used the direct supervision systems. It reduce the rate of the criminal rates and assaults.I would like to know more and more details of the direct supervision systems for my future project works.
thesis writing service

Male user MaxReedLeo07 1 post

By describing a state of affairs in which you labored with out direct supervision? No kidding, there is no version answer, go through your work revel in and give you an instance. You understand your paintings biography, I don’t. write my essay for me cheap UK

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

Direct supervision is 20% helpful and 80% new age hippie thug hugging feel good warm and squishy feeling complete and total crap.

Why? Because I don’t give two scoops of alpaca shit about an inmates stress levels, interest in programs, amount of toilet paper or anything else the so called “correctional guru’s” think I should care about. I care about keeping the law abiding decent people in the world safe, not if inmate Unkle Toucher McRapist didn’t like his lunch tray.

Getty rf photo of cat and praying mantis Campi 227 posts

How long have you worked in this field? I have been in corrections for going on 10 years. Security for close to 5 years on top of that.
If comfortable please specify your current position. Corrections Officer
If comfortable please specify how long you have held your current position. I have been doing this job for far too long but that would be 10 years.
Have you previously worked in a non Direct Supervision (Non-DS) Facility? No I have never. I walk through the hallways of my prison where I am often walking beside or through hundreds of inmates a day.
Do you enjoy interacting with the inmates? No I do not. Inmates are self-centered and have a very hard time looking past themselves. They will lie, cheat, steal, and kill if it would get them anything. I interact with them daily and show respect for the ones who earned or deserve it. I have yet to find any inmate that I would want to interact with after they get out of prison.
Do you think Direct Supervision poses any limitations? Yes it limits my ability to be safe. I can at any time get attacked out of the blue for any reason from being at work to some guy didn’t get frosting on his cake when he ate lunch 2 weeks ago.
In your opinion what strengths does Direct Supervision has? Faster reaction times to incidents.
Do you think freedom of movement is a vital aspect of Direct Supervision? I think that freedom of movement is a joke. This just provides inmates with the ability to move contraband and mingle more so they can carry out attacks and sneak off to secluded areas to do things they do not want the staff to see.
Please rate how significant you believe inmate-officer interaction is to Direct Supervision. I cannot help or change the inmate population. I am lucky if I can perform the huge laundry list of tasks I already have to do just to keep a safe, secure, and clean area. I think people can change but I know they will not unless they so choose to and my interactions with them will not be the one event that sparks change in them.
How successful have you found Direct Supervision to be in stress reduction of inmates? Sadly their stress level is not any of my concern. I make them listen, take their illegal items, I force them to do their job duties, I make them abide by rules they hate, I make them act like human beings, and I am probably their greatest source of stress because I do not allow the inmates I am watching over do anything that make me look like I am not doing my job. This question clearly has no point being asked. The only stress reduction I provide to them is that they know someone is watching everyone.
How successful have you found Direct Supervision to be in the reduction of violence and vandalism? A great deal if the officer dose his or her job. Sadly some do not do their jobs and you might as well not have those officers in the area.
Have you noticed a reduction of your own work based stress? Please come and work with me for a month and see where your stress level is. The inmates are the largest source of stress along with the Warden, 2 Deputy Wardens, Wardens Assistant, Unit Manager Admin, 6 Unit Managers, Major, 3 Captains, 3 Lieutenants, 20 Sergeants, and every other staff member who works at central office or thinks they have some position over me that cannot get on the same page. The staff members at any time and order me to do anything so long as it’s not illegal or will lead me to physical harm and I must do it. The best source of stress reduction would be to not be in a correctional field.
Do you think Direct Supervision creates an environment that allows the inmate to better focus on his/her rehabilitation? No it only provides an officer presence which may prevent some incidents from happening at a particular place or time. But if a incident is going to happen it will with or without officer presence.
Would you choose to work at a Direct Supervision facility over a non-DS facility in the future? No I would love to be in a facility where I watch camera monitors and only respond to the inmates when there are problems rather than having inmates come up to me to complain about the aspects of prison that are currently bugging them.

Please use any of the above information responsibly because one of those many supervisors might read your paper and then decide that they need to make changes to areas before consulting the people who walk and work them. Then when the proverbial crap hits they fan their policy changes will not be to blame it will be the fault of the staff bellow them, If you do not use this information responsibly and you cause any harm may it come back to you three fold.

Female user L.Wright 3 posts

Hi, again thanks so much for everyones imput, everything is so helpful. I wanted to clearify that this is an aspect of my research in hope to reach a larger audience. Thanks again!

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Not Angry just some home truths.

I have no problem helping someone wanting answers that are thinking about joining the Job or have a loved one in the Job but what don’t I agree with is someone being to lazy to go and do their own homework. And just look at the questions. "Do you enjoy working with the inmates? Really.

How successful have you found Direct Supervision to be in stress reduction of inmates? Do we care!!!

Do you think Direct Supervision creates an environment that allows the inmate to better focus on his/her rehabilitation? She having a laugh!!!

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

Hey,calm down Mick, don’t type angry.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

I will Give you this.
I have worked directly with inmates since I joined the Job over 14 yrs ago.
The best way to describe our Job is like this. It’s like being a Police Officer in a town populated entirely by criminals who given half a chance would slit your throat, Beat you to Death and Rape your Dead body.

Do I enjoy interacting with inmates? Ask yourself this would you enjoy interacting with people that would like to do the above to you?

Stress Reduction in Inmates? I couldn’t really give a shit about their stress lvls.

Inmate rehabilitation. Is a myth. A myth made up by left wing do-gooders. I would estimate that 1 out every 1000 inmates wants to rehabilitate. You can have as many Courses, Programes and events as you like but as the old saying goes You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

Our Job is to contain the dangerous. We are the watchers on the walls, The Gate Keepers, We are the one’s that keep the monsters securely contained and that allow you and the rest of society sleep easy and safely in your beds. We are not their social workers or their pastors. We are not there to hold their hand. We are there to keep control of the nasty people the killers, rapists, gang bangers, Armed Robbers, Child Molsters and general all round bad people.

Hi,
Thanks for replying! No, I am in currently in school and to graduate I need to write a thesis with research I’ve collected. Have you worked at a DS facility? If not, would you ever want to? If yes, did you like it?

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

So you’re writing a thesis?

Ok, have you ever worked in a correctional setting? I mean actually worked, not just showing up for a few class room assignments, they don’t count. Because if you have then you know the answers to your own questions but if you have not, then you will be writing your thesis based upon someone else’s perspective and that could be false and you would have no way of knowing that unless you have worked in this field for a few years. Nothing really changes in this field, I don’t mean to pick on you but we have lived with the results of armchair administers and all they do after screwing up in system is pat themselves on the back, and then start looking for greener pastures to destroy with their self righteous, I have a degree so in theory it should work mentality, while we in the field who do all the hands on work, have to scrap up the results and wait for the next wizard to show up and try his or her magic and like the others before them “Poof” their gone, dragging their cauldron behind them.

I think that about covers the thesis part for me, but then again I have a way of just running on and on about things that don’t make sense to no one but me.

Good day.

Hi there,

I just had a few questions to anyone who has worked in a direct supervision facility. I am a student from Toronto Canada working on my thesis project and I am looking into the success of direct supervision from the perspective of correctional officers.
So here they are! If you have the time to get back to me I would so appreciate it!

How long have you worked in this field?
If comfortable please specify your current position.
If comfortable please specify how long you have held your current position.
Have you previously worked in a non Direct Supervision (Non-DS) Facility?
Do you enjoy interacting with the inmates?
Do you think Direct Supervision poses any limitations?
In your opinion what strengths does Direct Supervision has?
Do you think freedom of movement is a vital aspect of Direct Supervision?
Please rate how significant you believe inmate-officer interaction is to Direct Supervision.
How successful have you found Direct Supervision to be in stress reduction of inmates?
How successful have you found Direct Supervision to be in the reduction of violence and vandalism?
Have you noticed a reduction of your own work based stress?
Do you think Direct Supervision creates an environment that allows the inmate to better focus on his/her rehabilitation?
Would you choose to work at a Direct Supervision facility over a non-DS facility in the future?

Obviously that is a lot of questions, no need to answer them all. I am mostly just curious if you have found direct supervision to be successful in your experience with it. Is this humane approach actually a viable approach to the future of corrections?

Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing back!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015