By Katie Przychodzen, National Commission on Correctional Health Care
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Texas "Tourniquet Killer" set to be 1st inmate executed in U.S. this year
- Holcomb brings computer-training program for inmates to Indiana
- Authorities hunt for inmate who escaped Middle Tennessee Jail
- Inmate serving life sentence at SCI-Camp Hill jumped to his death
- Hampton man serving 168-year murder sentence dies of apparent suicide
- Minn. gets price tag for buying or leasing western Minn. prison
- NYC terror suspect offers to plead guilty to avoid death penalty, attorneys say
- Corrections official talks about drone delivery to inmates
- Carl Robinson Escapee in Custody
- Huerfano Correctional Facility to Lease 250 Beds
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Flex Link Receives Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Component Recognition
- ConnectNetwork® Expands User Experience with New Photo Messaging Feature for Mobile Dev...
- Now Available: Securus' Investigator Pro™ with Searchable Voice Capability
- Securus Technologies Commits To Five (5) Year Funding For Prison Entrepreneurship Progr...
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Pierce County Sheriff's Department
Corrections and Custody 1
Washington State Penitentiary