By Yunsoo Park
Also this week:
From last week:
OVER THE WALL
- Angola inmate attempts escape, doesn’t make it past fence
- Tennessee death row inmate is running out of legal options
- Inmate already accused of violence, charged with assaulting another inmate
- Prison Inmate Matthew Rausch Dies
- Idaho prison to modify male dorm to serve growing female inmate population
- Search underway for inmate who escaped sheriff's station in Calabasas
- Idaho inmates help save sage grouse habitat by growing sage brush from seeds to plant in the desert
- Satellite-jail inmate gets 3.5 years for hitting correctional officer
- Dept. of Corrections unveils new plan to keep contraband out of SC prisons
- New program by local farm helps keep people from going back to prison
BUSINESS: Press Releases
- ALABAMA COMPANY IS ON A MISSION TO IMPROVE CARE OF PEOPLE ADDICTED TO OPIOIDS IN AMERIC...
- NaphCare is Off to a Great Start Providing Healhcare in the Fulton County Jails
- Correctional Facilities Present Unique Environmental Challenges – GTL’s Technology is T...
- Securus Technologies Announces the Activation of Additional Wireless Containment Soluti...
- Industry Veteran Joins GTL as Executive Vice President of National Sales Team
The program interviews Faye S. Taxman, Ph.D. a University Professor in the Criminology, Law and Society Department and Director of the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence at George Mason University. Dr. Taxman is recognized for her work in the development of the seamless systems of care models that link the criminal justice with other service delivery systems as well as reengineering probation and parole supervision services, and organizational change models. Her work covers the breadth of the correctional system from jails and prisons to community corrections and adult and juvenile offenders, including all types of interventions and system improvement factors. She has had numerous grants from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institute of Justice, National Institute of Corrections, Office of National Drug Control Policy, and Bureau of Justice Assistance.
The website for the Center for Advancing Correctional Excellence is http://www.gmuace.org/ .
The program is hosted by Leonard Sipes. The producer is Timothy Barnes.
This pod cast is brought to you (with permission) by DC Public Safety–Radio Shows, the original live date was June 28, 2012
Corrections Jobs: over 1700+ resumes and new job openings listed daily
Accounting Assistant I
City of Delano
Human Resource Coordinator