>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Psych Eval

Subscribe to Psych Eval 7 posts, 4 voices

Login to reply

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

If he thinks you drink to much he must be new to Corrections himself. Some of the Guys I work with are legendary. They don’t have an alcohol problem but they can drink like fish on a night out. I have seen them easily drink 18 to 20 Pints of Guinness and still be able to walk and talk in a reasonable manner. The attitude of many Corrections Officers as well as Police Officers, Fire Fighters and Paramedics is Work Hard Play Hard. Our Job can be stressful and a night out with the guys and girls that understand what the Job is like can be a great way to relax and let your hair down.

Male user Jason121 2 posts

Lol thank you for the comic relief I was starting to think I needed to check into detox. Let’s just hope that he doesn’t give me a negative recommendation.

Male user RCJ 49 posts

I love stout and draught, how many can we have?

Remle riflepg irish assassin 286 posts

3 drinks a day?, your ability to stay sober is quite impressive sir.

Is this measured per day or an adverage for the week? Also how “intoxicated” do you have to be to qualify for his other question as the levels of intoxication are varied. “He thinks you drink to much” Well what scale is he using to make this judgement?

The variables to this is both far and wide and much to difficult to be answered so easily. I think we should all meet up and discuss said issues over a few cold ones.

Male user RCJ 49 posts

jason121, it was smart of you not to lie. Most of these people that you meet in the hiring process have no balls. They wan’t to bully you with what they think is intellect. Be honest and do not sell your soul because once you do that you can never get it back. Like Mkck says, what you are drinking is next to nothing.

Riot helmet Mick 307 posts

Nobody expects you to be Teetotal. 3 Drinks a day is nothing in this Job. Don’t worry to much about it. And never lie because that is exactly what they are looking for.

Male user Jason121 2 posts

I have recently taken my psych eval, both written and oral, and am feeling anxious awaiting the results. While in the interview portion he asked quite a few questions in regards to my back ground but lingered on the alcohol questions. I answered on the written that I may consume 1-3 beverages per day up to 12 a week and said the same in the oral. I explained that I may have a drink when I get home, perhaps one with dinner, and maybe one while sitting watching TV with the wife.

He then asked how many times I become intoxicated and how many drinks it takes to do that. I replied 6 and maybe 1-2 times a month while watching a game with the guys.

He also asked what the most I have drank was and how often. I replied 12 drinks maybe once a year at a wedding or a large celebration.

He stated that he thinks I drink too much…

In your opinions based on your experience how bad off do you think I am? I mean should I have lied? I find this process to be very opinionated by the Dr. I have 5 years experience as an LEO part time and this psych was for corrections.

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015