>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Good Shoes/Boots

Subscribe to Good Shoes/Boots 4 posts, 4 voices

Login to reply

Flag1 1 shakeyjake 112 posts

New Balance have so great tennis shoes that are black, plus you can run like the dicken with you have to….just saying.:)

Svt FordSVT 60 posts

I do like SWAT boots. Comfort and good grip with support.
There is boot with a German name my partner wears. Going to get the name from him. They are $200.
We get 120 every two years for foot wear.

Male user Squeeze 135 posts

First and foremost a properly fit boot at least a n 6 to 8 inch for ankle support . Spend a little more money for a welted boot( sewn on sole, either goodyear welt or Norwegian welt). The sole will wear out before the uppers and it only cost about $40 for a new sole. I have had a pair of Danner’s for 27years with 5 resoles. Have a professional shoe store person fit the boot to your foot. The ones I have are leather so if you coose leather there is a process we hikers use to make the uppers fit well. Soak the boots for 2 hours in warn water, shake them out of residual water, then put on a pair of thin cotton socks then a pair of wool socks. Wear them until they dry out from your own body heat and they will fit like a glove as they shrink to fit. Make sure then to go and get a good pair of insoles. Either from the Dr. Scholls machine at Walmart (they actually work) or a pair of orthotic insoles from an prothetiocs office if your insurance pays for them. I have bad feet and i have survived for 31 years in this business. Just my recommedation for the long run. A perfectly fit boot. The moulded sole boots are throw away after they wear out and they don’t usually fit well or roll well to you step.

Male user AZtoOR 3 posts

Im sure this topic has made its rounds. As like everyone else, Im on my feet 10-12/day. What are your recommendations for boots/shoes?. Im really not into spending $200 a pop to “try em” and see how they feel. Ive heard brands like Rockport, Merrell, Danner etc. Thoughts?

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015