>Users:   login   |  register       > email     > people    

Ohio DRC Hiring Freeze??

Subscribe to Ohio DRC Hiring Freeze?? 84 posts, 22 voices

Login to reply

Male user The Informant 1 post

Self,

Ohio DRC is still hiring though for how long may be in question. If you do pass all the tests at the Academy, it still may take up to a year to get hired by an institution, depending on how many you were open to on the application. If you are hired by an institution, you probably will go there for 2 weeks of training followed by 4 more at the academy in Columbus. (Lucasville excluded) Of course, that varies. I believe I put in my application around November and was hired that following June. But, that was three years ago. With all the talk of privatization going around, it’d probably be in your best interests to focus elsewhere. It doesn’t look to promising in Ohio with a huge budget deficit next year.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

No hiring freeze with ODRC but we’re staring down the barrel of privatization. Search the ‘net for state of ohio or ohio drc something similar and you’ll find most of the answers you’re seeking.

Welcome to the zoo.

Female user self 1 post

new to messg board..is ohio drc still under hiring freeze? how long does it “normally” take to be actually hired/enter academy after passing initial video/writing assessments? anyone know academy schedules? Any info on the hiring process would be greatly appreciated..thanks..

Svt FordSVT 60 posts

In Manitoba they just keep hiring. We are bursting at the seams here. In the next two years the Gov’t is adding about 350 beds at various institutions. It’s alarming the amount of poeple coming into custody here. We have a Major gang issue in Winnipeg so it’s just getting worse.

Flag shakey 191 posts

Striker you crazy… keep that thinking quiet, you might give them ideals.

Srt misc 266 Striker 34 posts

I agree with comfrortably..they had a freeze for awhile then started hiring..can’t figure why..they talk about trying to save money and in turn hire new people only to pay out in benifits…no telling who goes here at my institution..not much left to cut except custody..

Lion Comfortably ... 154 posts

Our institution is still hiring Officers and other various positions. They had a freeze on new hires for a few months, but are back at it again. Hiring new blood to put on the chopping block just in time for the next round of cuts. Word has it, unit management and sergeants are gone with the next go round. Along with librarians, some secretaries etc.

Buckeye flag Mudflap 293 posts

I don’t understand enough about the hiring freeze to give an intelligent reply, but can say that there are many jobs being deleted, and a lot of those people who are in a spot that is deleted can “bump” back to custody, meaning they replace the lowest seniority CO. My instituiton has at least five people who have bumped back to a CO’s spot.

The state has done away with a lot of positions, including one of the two Deputy Warden spots, Sgt spots, Case Manager spots, and lots of support staff, too.

Male user Bailey24 1 post

Im new to this site and im wondering if anyone knows anything about the hiring freeze within the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

* For speed and versatility, Corrections.com has been relaunched in opensource. Some older postings dates may be affected.

correctsource logo
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of The Corrections Connection User Agreement
The Corrections Connection ©. Copyright 1996 - 2024 © . All Rights Reserved | 15 Mill Wharf Plaza Scituate Mass. 02066 (617) 471 4445 Fax: (617) 608 9015