The use of trustees>>what's your opinion?
To try and limit the flow of contraband we keep our trustees in a separate part of the prison to the General population. As Campi says there will always be a certain amount of contraband coming in. Intelligence has a big part to play in stifling the flow. Listening in on phone calls, using informants etc....
The Quiet Crisis in Native American Juvenile Justice Robert Winters
There is a crisis facing the criminal justice system serving Native American youth. The general public has no idea of the challenges facing this group, but when President Barack Obama convened the White House Tribal Nations Conference in November 2013, one of the four major topics on the agenda was violent crime...
Also this week:
- June – Minority issues – Challenges of managing minority populations, challenges minority practitioners face email@example.com]
Director- Division of Corrections
Shelby County Government in Memphis, TN, is seeking qualified candidates with current correctional management experience for the position of Director – Division of Corrections for the Shelby County Correctional Center, a facility with an average daily inmate population of 2600...
full job posting
- Jun 21-25, 2014 – National Sheriff's Association Annual Conference and Exhibition - Fort Worth, TX
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Aug 03-06, 2014 – American Probation and Parole Association's 39th Annual Training Institute - New Orleans, LA
- Aug 15-20, 2014 – American Correctional Association (ACA) 2014 Congress of Correction
- Sep 28-Oct 01, 2014 – The 2014 Women Working in Corrections and Juvenile Justice National Conference
- Oct 09-10, 2014 – Breakthrough Strategies to Teach and Counsel Troubled and ncarcerated Youth
- Portland, OR
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
" Life is long to the miserable, but short to the happy. "
— Publilius Syrus