Inmate entitlement!?!?>>what's your opinion?
Well sadly we are in the times of inmate entitlement and that’s how the game is being played. When “quality of inmate life” is being pushed down your throat and negotiations are the norm there will be a lot of backlash from the corrections side of the house. ...
Ethics and Heroes By Terry Campbell, Professor, Kaplan University, School of Public SafetyAZ
Ethics: A simple concept for many, yet so difficult for others. Have you ever thought why so many in corrections struggle with this? This includes all personnel; no one is immune from participating in ethical violations. In our training academies, ethics are discussed and taught to our recruits. Also, ethics training is part of our annual in-service training.
Also this week:
- January – Innovation – People/ideas that move corrections forward [Please send your articles/stories to email@example.com]
An employee assigned to this classification is responsible for assessing and counseling clients and families. Work also involves related responsibilities including maintaining client records, evaluation and assessment, individual and group counseling, conducting didactic and educational groups, and meeting with community groups to inform them of treatment programs....
full job posting
- Jan 31-Feb 5, 2014 – 2014 American Correctional Association- Winter Conference- Tampa, Florida
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 5-8, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Progress comes from the intelligent use of experience.
— Elbert Hubbard