Yukon>>what's your opinion?
I am from Minnesota. We have several different facilities in MN. Depending on what facility you work at is going to depend on whether the COs are happy or not. I think for the most part we are happy. ...
Correctional Nurse Gratitude for Correctional Officers on Thanksgiving By Lorry Schoenly, PhD, RN, CCHP-RN
I am a whiner – ask anyone who knows me. In fact, check out last year’s post on this topic. But, that’s why I love Thanksgiving – a season when I can re-center myself on all the blessings of life and the people who do so much with so little recognition. This Thanksgiving season I have been pondering the great contribution of correctional officers to both public safety and the personal safety of correctional nurses throughout the criminal justice system. I wish to share a great big THANK YOU To our correctional officer colleagues who keep us safe every workday. Here are my 5 reasons I am thankful for correctional officers: ...
Also this week:
- December – Ethics and Heroes – Coverage of Ethics issues and stories of heroes in corrections [Please send your articles/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org]
Lateral Corrections Deputy
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office Corrections Bureau is a full service corrections facility with an inmate population of approximately 1200. There are various areas within the jail where the corrections deputies may be assigned, including booking and release, transport, detention, medical unit, and community corrections/work release.
full job posting
- Dec 2–5 2013 - 2013 Veterans Treatment Court Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Dec 16–17 2013 - 2013 Annual Models for Change National Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jan 31-Feb 5, 2014 – 2014 American Correctional Association- Winter Conference- Tampa, Florida
- Feb 21-23, 2014 – Southern States Correctional Association Mid Winter Training Conference- Savannah, Georgia
- Apr 5-8, 2014 – Spring Conference on Correctional Health Care- Atlanta, GA
- Apr 10-12, 2014 – 2014 Mental Health in Corrections Conference- Springfield, MO
- Apr 23-26, 2014 – NAAWS 2014 Training Conference- Memphis, TN
- Apr 27-30, 2014 – American Jail Association’s 33rd Annual Training Conference & Jail Expo- Dallas, TX
- Jun 11-14, 2014 – 2014 MASCA 76th Annual Conference - Washington, D.C.
- Jul 18-19, 2014 – Correctional Health Care Leadership Institutes - Denver, CO
- Jul 20-21, 2014 – Correctional Mental Health Care Conference - Denver, CO
- Oct 18-22, 2014 – National Conference on Correctional Health Care - Las Vegas, NV
quote of the week
Life has a way of overgrowing its achievements as well as its ruins.
— Edith Wharton